So you want to get a logo designed for your business…this can be a very exciting but intimidating task! We find that many clients who come through our door have never worked with a graphic designer before, so we’ve compiled this list of common logo design questions.
1. What do my fees pay for?
It pays for the time for us to go through the entire process! We learn more about your business and your vision for what you’d like your logo and brand to look like. We do industry research, develop concepts, make revisions to suit your feedback and then finalize the artwork. We give you copies of the electronic logo files in various formats that you can give to your suppliers and use as you need. (We’ll keep copies in our archives too.)
2. Why should I invest in a well-designed logo?
Here are three excellent business reasons for getting a good logo:
- Well designed logos last much longer than poorly designed logos, saving money in redesigns and reprinting. You should expect your newly designed logo to last at least 5-10 years.
- A good logo will also provide a base to build your whole company look and brand around, so all of your materials reflect the style and values your customer wants to see.
- From a technical perspective, well-designed logos are more versatile and work in all situations (small sizes, spot colours, black and white). You do not want to be stuck with a logo that must always be printed in full colour or looks like a ‘blob’ when it is shrunk down to a business card.
3. Do I need to come to you with an idea of what I want?
Yes and no. Do come to us with a clear idea of what your business is about, but try and keep an open mind about what your logo could end up looking like. We think you will be pleasantly surprised! We pride ourselves on being able to offer our ideas, advice, and variations to give you the best logo possible.
4. My company has a logo that we don’t want to change, but we want to freshen up our look. Can you help us?
This is not an uncommon problem. Some companies have legacy logos that were done many years ago and have been installed on a wide variety of materials, signage, and products. Changing the logo for these companies is just too expensive. What we have done in these situations is either modernizing the logo (keeping the same idea, but cleaning it up) or keeping the same logo and freshening up the look of all the materials around it such as business cards, brochures etc. Both of these options can avoid a lengthy internal logo process, and get materials you can use sooner.
5. I have a clear idea of what I want for the logo. Can you create the logo and give me the files?
If you have an old version of your logo and just need it redrawn and saved as a vector file, that is a straightforward process to do. Or if you have a sketch, we can help you develop it into a fully rendered finished product. Email us the sketch to see where you’re at and we can give you a quote.
Let’s talk about your logo today!